This is the initial release of Unscrambler Beta.
Currently Supported features:
- Sort results by alphabet, Scrabble score, and length.
- Search for words using three different methods (Anagram, Pattern and Combo)
- Go to dictionary definitions using Dictionary.com (Long press on result to view)
Different search types:
- Uses all letters in order with * or ? as a wildcard.
- r*t returns results like rat, rot, etc…
- Notice that all results follow the specified pattern.
- Uses all letter in any order with * or ? as wildcard.
- r*t returns results like rat, rot, tar, art, etc…
- Notice that “tar” has a different order than the input.
Combo (short for combination):
- Uses any number of letters in any order with * or ? as wildcard.
- r*t returns results like it, at, tar, rat, etc…
- Notice that “it” uses less than 3 characters.
- Minimum and maximum length of the combinations can be specified using the sliders on the settings panel.
- Need to add in app help. (In progress)
- Default minimum length of combo to the length of input if it is less than the setting. (In progress)
- Results are limited to 5000 results. (Do people want to scroll through more than that?)